Headpod Dynamic Head Support System (HP101) - Headpod
|Unit of Measure:||Ea|
|Total Savings:||(20.2%) $100.00|
Headpod is the simple solution to head.control.
Headpod has opened the door of endless possibilities when it comes to upright jhead support for the hypotonic neck.
The Headpod reduces the extensive use of cpmplex restrictive headrests. Easy to use, adapt, and adjust. Headpod effectiveness is only limited by your imagination.
Headpod Head Support Standard Kit:
- Adjustable width arc
- Suspension arm
- Silicone frontal strap & Occipital strap
- Adaptor A Existing Headrests
- Adaptor B for Rigid Backrests
- Universal adaptor
- Angle Modifier
- Anti Slip Strap
- Chin Strap
Freedom and Independence
HeadPod head support systems open up new and enabling activities that were once difficult. Caregivers can now have full attention and use of both hands.
Adaptable and Flexible
HeadPod can be adapted to almost any wheelchair headrest, floor sitter, standing frame or gait trainer. This vastly opens a world of possibilities.
- Ideal for children aged 2 to 8 with cerebral palsy or any syndrome causing hypotonia in the neck muscles.
- Very Suitable
- Very suitable for children up to 15 years old who have no severe spasticity, or musculoskeletal deformities.
- Recommended for adults who have no muscle or joint deformations or mechanical restrictions that prevent the head from being fully upright. Use in adults is recommended in cycles shorter than 60 minutes and especially useful during mealtime, computer activities or transportation.
- Not Indicated
- Not indicated in people with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) or other advanced diseases presenting severe dysphagia, and children with a great deal of extensor tone in the trunk.
The main benefits are both for the user and the caretakers and include:
- Obtain a vertical and physiological positioning of the head, facilitating mobility and rotation of the head, and building neck muscles while wearing the Headpod.
- Facilitates feeding at mealtime.
- Prevents musculoskeletal deformities, contractures and pain associated with both. Allows for better visual interaction with surroundings.
- Allows the user to have a focused and balanced posture and more relaxed muscle tone with less dystonia, helps while carrying out any activity, such as those related to physical therapy, speech therapy, education, occupational therapy, enabling better school performance.
- Allows for easier breathing, thus reducing complications such as respiratory failure, pneumonia, bronchiectasis and so on.
- Improves road transportation safety.
- Improves hand to eye coordination.
- Decreases drooling.
- Improves ergonomics and prevents injury to caregiving professionals.
|(1) Adjustable arc|
|(1) Silicone frontal strap|
|(1) Occipital mesh|
|(1) One suspension arm|
|(1) Headrest chair adaptor|
|(1) Rigid backrest chair adaptor|
|(1) Universal adaptor|
- Adjustable width arc
- Silicone frontal strap
- Mounting adaptors
|Overall Rating:||0 Reviews|
Be the first to review this product, add your review today!