IV3000 Transparent Adhesive Film Dressing (4649, 4973) - Smith & Nephew
|Manufacturer:||Smith & Nephew|
|Unit of Measure:||Bx 50|
Reduces risk of infection by preventing moisture accumulation - The REACTIC film in IV3000 has a unique molecular structure which is significantly more permeable to water vapor than ordinary films. This helps prevent the accumulation of moisture underneath the dressing and assists in the reduction of bacterial growth and the risk of catheter-related infection.
Minimizes unscheduled dressing changes - The higher permeability of IV3000 keeps the skin drier so improving dressing adherence and reducing the number of unscheduled dressing changes.
Greater patient comfort - IV3000 is kind to the patient's skin. It's low allergy adhesive and highly permeable Reactic film may help prevent skin maceration or irritation and result in improved patient comfort.
Excellent catheter stability - The highly conformable IV3000 film allows the patient to move freely and yet will remain firmly adhered around the catheter hub so ensuring excellent fixation.
Convenient visual inspection - IV3000 is transparent and so allows regular inspection of the catheter insertion site for signs of infection or phlebitis without the need for dressing removal.
- Easy application and removal - IV3000 is designed to provide easy aseptic application and removal. Its unique grid pattern adhesive reduces pain on removal due to grid adhesive spread and so minimizes patient discomfort on removal. It also leaves less adhesive residue on the patient's skin.
IV3000 is indicated for peripheral and central venous catheter fixation.
- Provides physical separation between the catheter site and external environments to assist in preventing contamination of the catheter site.
- Creates an environment for managing moisture at the catheter site through increased Moisture Vapor Transmission Rates.
IV3000 should be used on IV sites only. If a film dressing is required for open wounds such as pressure sores, burns or donor sites, OPSITE◊ FLEXIGRID◊ Adhesive Film Dressings should be used. Use on prepared dry skin only. Do not stack dressings or allow dressings to overlap. Periodically monitor the dressing and catheter site to confirm secure attachment and continued proper infusion, especially after bathing, showering, or if the dressing and catheter site becomes wet. If the dressing comes off, evaluate to ensure proper catheter placement, and then apply a new dressing. As with all adhesive products, apply and remove carefully from sensitive or fragile skin.
- Moisture responsive High Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate film
- Grid pattern adhesive
- Transparent and conformable
- Film acts as a barrier to bacteria including MSRA
|Overall Rating:||0 Reviews|
Be the first to review this product, add your review today!