OpSite Flexigrid Transparent Dressing
Price: $34.80 Bx 10
OpSite FLEXIGRID is a transparent, adhesive film, with a unique wound measurement grid. The film is moisture vapor permeable, conformable and extensible. It is widely used to provide a moist wound healing environment for superficial wounds; it is also ideal for use as a secondary dressing.
OPSITE FLEXIGRID has set the standard in moist wound healing by retaining the natural wound exudate. OPSITE FLEXIGRID provides a high moisture vapor permeability allows excess exudate to evaporate, helping prevent skin maceration.
- Superior film with acrylic adhesive
- The OPSITE FLEXIGRID film is highly extensible and conformable, which combined with its high moisture vapour permeability, means the dressing can be left in place for up to 7 days. This minimises interference at the wound site and reduces the amount of nursing time required.
- OPSITE FLEXIGRID is resistant to water and body fluids, allowing the patient to bathe without changing dressings. It also aids in the prevention of bacterial contamination.
- Simple, effective application technique
- OPSITE FLEXIGRID provides a simple and effective application system. The flexible carrier enables single handed application allowing the dressing to conform to the contours of the body. Its transparency enables accurate positioning over the wound site.
- Adaptable to Awkward Areas
- OPSITE FLEXIGRID has been designed to be adaptable for use on all areas of the body. It can be easily cut into strips or shapes for application to awkward areas such as heels, elbows and knees.
- Unique Wound Management Grid
- OPSITE FLEXIGRID incorporates a unique wound measurement device which allows simple but accurate assessments of the healing process to be made. After tracing the edges of the wound, the Flexigrid carrier can be removed and stored in the patient's notes.
OPSITE FLEXIGRID is indicated for the management of:
- Superficial wounds, such as shallow pressure sores, minor burns, cuts and abrasions.
- Use as a secondary dressing, for example over INTRASITE◊ Gel Amorphous Hydrogel Dressing or ALLEVYN◊ Cavity Cavity Wound Dressing.
- To provide catheter fixation.
OPSITE FLEXIGRID may be used on clinically infected wounds if the following precautions are followed:
- The patient should be under medical/clinical supervision
- The dressing should be changed daily
- The patient should be receiving suitable systemic treatment.
Immuno-compromised patients and diabetic patients may require extra supervision. Care should be taken to avoid skin damage by repeated applications on patients with thin or fragile skin. In common with all adhesive products, some cases of irritation and/or maceration of the skin surrounding the wound have been reported. It should be noted that inappropriate use or too frequent dressing changes, particularly in patients with fragile skin, can result in skin stripping.